Monday, June 16, 2014

Agot Isidro Makes Theater Return with Red Turnip's Rabbit Hole

Singer and actress Agot Isidro returns to the stage with the Philippine adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play "Rabbit Hole" produced by Red Turnip Theater.

Isidro, who last had a theatrical appearance in 2007 with Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, will give life to the lead role of Becca, a mother grappling with the loss of her son.

"I'm a little nervous about going back to the theater because it has been seven years since my last production," Isidro said on her comeback.

However, the current "Kambal Sirena" star added, "I am excited at the same time because I know it will be a welcome and enriching break after years of TV work."

Asked about giving straight plays, which Red Turnip usually presents a try, the musical veteran said, "It's a challenge for me. A straight play is all new to me, but I am looking forward to the process."

Joining Isidro are theater veteran Michael Williams as her husband Howie, Che Cosio as Izzy, Ross Pesigan as Jason, and Sheila Francisco as Nat.

Topper Fabregas, one of the guys behind Red Turnip, makes his directorial debut.

Fabregas, known for his role in "Cock", was once reluctant on doing the directorial job for "Rabbit Hole". "I did not intend to be the director," he said.

He accepted the job after getting convinced by his fellow co-founders. "This is my personal favorite play, so they entrusted me on doing this job," he added.

Francisco instantly accepted the role of Nat, Becca's mother, after Fabregas reached to her. "Topper convinced me to play in Rabbit Hole because we are already close to each other. I met him when he was young. I watched him grow into a good theater actor, so I did not hesitate on taking the role when he told me he will direct the play," said Francisco.

"Rabbit Hole" opens on August 1 and runs all weekends of August at the Whitespace along Chino Roces Avenue in Makati City. Tickets are available through Ticketworld and at Red Turnip Theater. This play is co-presented by Fila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...