Sunday, May 18, 2014

Qaldi Coffee Shop: Proof of the Economic Boost in the Muntinlupa City Proper

The Alabang district is the center of commerce of the city of Muntinlupa for a very long time, but in the recent years, the economic boom in the city has now been extended to its Poblacion. One example of it is the case of the Putatan district, where the city hall lies. Now, you would see some shopping areas and even cool restos in the district, and one of the food hubs to see there is the Qaldi Coffee Shop.
From Qaldi's FB page
Joon Tianzon, the coffee shop owner, said that it was supposed to be named after his boss, but after they got more partners, they decided to stick with Qaldi, paying tribute to the Ethiopian guy who legends say first discovered the goodness of coffee beans. I first tried its black forest drink. What I first noticed about it is that it's more of a mocha drink. The mix of coffee and chocolate makes it unique.

Then came the sandwiches. First up is the tuna sandwich, and it's very delicious. The flavor of the tuna spread carried (apologies to the non-gamers for using DOTA/LOL terms) the taste.
I also tried the egg-and-cheese sandwich, and the scrambled egg stood out there. I also like how it was presented. It reminded me a lot of the flying saucer sandwich.
The chicken clubhouse sandwich also stood out in my taste. What I also like was the assembly of the sandwich. Also check out its Rueben clubhouse sandwich.
Now, the pastas. I tried the carbonara first, and it tastes good too. Having eaten carbonara a lot since my freshman days, this one was among the carbonaras that stood out for me.
And then, the pesto. Probably because of too much food eaten, it took me four tries before finally getting the goodness of it. Not to mention Tianzon saying that it's fully homemade.
One of Qaldi's newest additions is its rice meals. I first thought of trying its Greek Pork meal, but I settled with the grilled chicken. I find it appetizing.
Qaldi is located at the Minerva Vineyard, National Highway, Bgy. Putatan, Muntinlupa City, at the back of BPI Family Bank Putatan Branch, beside Max's Fired Chicken, and infront of Puregold Agro. To get there, from Alabang, simply ride a jeepney going to Biñan or Muntinlupa City Proper and tell the driver to drop you off at Puregold Agro. From Biñan, San Pedro, or Muntinlupa Proper, ride a jeepney back to Alabang and tell the driver the same thing I mentioned above. For inquiries and reservations, call (02)5511714 or 09154722126. Like its Facebook page too.

PS: Opening later in the year is an internet cafe where you can surf the cyberspace while sipping your favorite drinks. For gamers, though, Joon Tianzon told me that there will be no computer games for the meantime.

All photos courtesy of Rence Chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...